Donor retention is vital for the success of a nonprofit, and this article gives some great ways in order to keep your existing donors.
- frame giving options as a repeating gift- while your donors can turn down this option, it introduces the idea of being constant donors
- active notifications- keep the donors informed with this personal touch. Can be done through email or text.
- automatic account updates
- say thank you! Making the donating process human- remembering there is an actual person on the other end- will definitely make them feel grateful and likely to donate again
- share your news- keep the donors updated on what is going on in the organization, and keep them informed on where their donor dollars go.
- opportunities for repeat giving- once a month give your donors the opportunity to give. Don’t wait for them to come to you!